Monday, December 6, 2010

Marching on

After the peaks come the valleys.  After the highs come the lows.  Cliches, all, but still true.

After winning NaNoWriMo this year, I've been working through the frustration of wondering if those 50,000 words have any value whatsoever.  I've been tempted to set the novel aside, half-done, and try something else.

This is not unusual for me, sadly, and I decided it's time to quit it.

Not quit the writing but quit the second-guessing.  God clearly told me to write the story.  I don't know if it's this story and I don't know what the outcome will look like.  But I write.

Sometimes it's the eating of the elephant:  one bite at a time.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Kathy! So nice to touch base again! Not that long ago I stopped by Sumballo but wasn't sure if you were still keeping it up, so I didn't comment. At least I think I didn't. So you're writing a novel? Believe me, I know about the writing frustrations. Been going through them myself. Hang in there. Keep pressing on. At least that's what I need to be telling myself. Hope we can stay in better touch now!

    ReplyDelete